Friday, April 29, 2011

Year 41....

John and I have been married for 41 years this coming Monday! I'm wondering where the years all went??? To celebrate this year, John has whisked me away on a surprise weekend -- I actually really had no idea where we were going, which I hate, because I really, really, really have a control freak problem... but I'm working on it.


Anyway, this afternoon I got in the car with him and ended up at Mustang Island at a really nice resort called Port Royal which boasts "Texas's largest swimming pool." I believe it...its a series of about 5 pools that all kind of cascade into each other. This is a families dream spot - the kids that are here are freaking out!   Very nice.  And the back of the resort lets out at the beach which we are going to explore tomorrow.


Tonight we drove (floated across on the ferry, actually) over to Rockport-Fulton and ate at the Boiling Pot.  Very interesting place - they throw the food out on your table on some white butcher paper, hand you to wooden mallets and let you have at it!  And we did - shrimp, crawfish, blue crab, sausage, corn on the cob, and new potatoes all boiled up with cajun seasoning which totally burned!! We also had a cup of gumbo which was delicious, but also very HOT!  Delicious - it gets 4 stars!  The ferry ride back took a while longer, seems most people were on their way ON TO the island on Friday evening.  


Tomorrow we're off to the aquarium, the USS Lexington and whatever else he has planned.  There's some big evening meal plan that I'm in the dark about, so I'll have to let you know tomorrow what that is... see you then!


PS: I'm putting photos on the Picassa if you know where to look!



1 comment:

  1. Pat, my husband and I went to The Boiling Pot on our honeymoon 20 years ago this April. Glad to know it is still as good as it was then! It was so much fun when they threw the food onto the table, that we went back home to West Texas and replicated it for the kids. Their reaction was priceless! :-)

    ReplyDelete