Sunday, March 13, 2011

Movie Review --- Battle: Los Angeles

Lots of action!  A great combat movie with the military portrayed as the actual GOOD guys!  Amazing! 
The movie doesn't waste much time jumping right into the action, either. I was a little worried that the jumpy camera that I had heard about was going to be a problem, but it wasn't at all.  I believe they were going for the feel that you might be there running alongside the marines, so I totally got that.  It wasn't the shaky-cam that they used in movies like Blair Witch or Cloverfield.
The movie also delivers in the "getting to know and care about the characters" area - you do begin to care what happens to them. Yes, it's kinda' cliche in some areas, but I kinda' like that. 
I thought my husband was going to jump out of the chair when one of the young soldiers asks, "who's John Wayne?"
Ha! Made for a good laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment