Monday, December 20, 2010

Schwencke Family Christmas 2010

Thanks to Kathy and Mike for hosting the family get-together this year!  Since we didn't find a single day that worked last year, I really like having it a week early this year so that everyone is free to attend their own thing on Christmas week, and I think the younger generation (now that they are all finding significant others) appreciate it, too!
John's looking mighty serious there!

We started the festivities with a "wine tasting" compliments of Josh Schwencke.  I LOVED this tradition and hope that it continues (as long as they are all sweet wines!) ha!  I dropped out about 3rd wine down the list from "sweetest" to "dry."  I'm not much for those dry wines.  Josh even brought a tray of "palette cleansers" which included deep chocolate, cheese, crackers, apple slices, and mushrooms.  I can tell that Josh does a good job with these type of events as he tried as hard as he could to keep us in line.  It's just hard with various aunts and uncles who all talk non-stop.  But after a few glasses, no one cared aniwa, ennuwai, anywai, anyway... hiccup!
Sarah and Colleen


It was so nice to see all of the nieces and nephews (not all of them, but a good representation! We'll have to work on getting them all in the same place at one time someday!)  Everyone has grown in to such nice people.  We got to meet Molly's new friend, Marshall, and he held his own! I was proud of him! We can be very intimidating when we are all together, but I heard he comes from a large family, so he may be used to it!

KT was the center of my attention, as usual! She is so cute and kept us all entertained.  This is her first Christmas, and she seems so aware of everything going on around her, I think she knows something is a bit different!  Could be those cute Christmas outfits her mom and dad have been dressing her in!
KT and Emily
All in all, a good time was had by all -- I know my John was feeling "no pain" when he handed the car keys over to me for the drive home!  Good thinking!

Thanks, Kathy and Mike!  We had a blast!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!! We had a GREAT time! :) I really like the week-before idea and having a wine tasting! Maybe next year we should have a beer tasting! :) haha...

    One question - did U.John have a hangover?? ;)

    Anyway, good pics...thanks for posting! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A definite hang over was had! Ooohhh I like the beer tasting idea - we could all bring some small brewery beers that we find during the year. Wouldn't that be fun?!

    ReplyDelete