Friday, April 8, 2022

Spring and Summer Garden, 2022 - The Micro Dwarf Tomatoes

 I had a scare last night - the temperature dropped to 36 degrees! I woke up so worried about my little plants, but thankfully they seemed to sail right through.  I only lost the top off of one of my hanging basket tomatoes, so I trimmed it and it will recover just fine. 

The many micro dwarf tomatoes have been taken out of the greenhouse now and are in the potting garden on a wire shelf for the summer. They do get shade in some of the afternoon there, and I think they will do just fine where I set them up.  If it proves too hot, I will move them again.




These will give us cherry tomatoes of various sizes and colors. Varieties are: 
Andrina - red
Baby - red 
Birdie Juane - yellow
Christmas Tree - red 
Delice de Neuilly - red
Florida Petite - red
Gold Pearl - yellow
Hahms Gelb - yellow
Hardin's Miniature - red
Jochalas - yellow
Laura #5 - red
Lil' Peeps - yellow
Lille Lisse - red
Linda - red
Marco Italiano - unknown 
Micro Tom - red 
Monetka - yellow 
Orange Hat - orange 
Pinnochio Yellow - yellow
Plumbrella F5 red
Red Robin - red
Rosy Finch - pink
The Moment - red
Tiny Tim - red 
Venus - yellow 
Vilma - red
Yellow Balcony - yellow

These micro dwarfs are a lot of fun to grow and don't take up much room. They do nicely in a one gallon pot and are just the right size for a porch or even a window sill.  I encourage everyone to give them a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment