Sunday, April 24, 2022

Spring and Summer Garden, 2022 - Bed A2

 There are garlic and shallots in this smaller bed from last November, so I've left those. On the other side of the bed I planted the few sweet peppers that I was able to get germinated.  I didn't have a good year with the sweet peppers. I think some of my seed stash is getting too old, so next spring I'll buy new stock.


Sweet Peppers:

Apricot Favorite - no link found to this one. It's a bell type and I got the seeds from one of my Facebook group gardeners.

Devil's Horn - a sweet "Juicy Fruit" flavor. Now doesn't that sound wonderful? I managed to get two plants!

Red Bell - Sadly I purchased this Bonnie plant from Home Depot.  I just didn't get enough sweet peppers to germinate this year. 

Sunbright Yellow - a nice sized yellow bell.

Apple Crisp - If you want to get picky, this is really a hot pepper, but it's mostly sweet with the occasional zing - about 400 on the Scoville scale. I'm hoping it's as delicious as it sounds! I have two of these.

Peperone de Senise - a sweet, long red pepper from the town of Senise in the Bascilicata region of Spain. 





No comments:

Post a Comment