Saturday, November 24, 2018

San Antonio Fruit Box Hooch

I found a pretty interesting recipe recently, found in the bottom of a wooden fruit box in San Antonio.  Since the peach wine was done, might as well try it out! They spelled it "hootch" on the recipe.  

Supposedly, it only takes 28 days! We'll see..... 



 I left it in the bucket for about 6 days, stirring daily.  It foamed and foamed, and smelled pretty good. Then I strained it into the carboy with an airlock for the rest of the time. I gave it a tiny taste, and it was very orange juicy to me, but John says it has a real "prison liquor" smell to it. ha! I wonder how he knows what that smells like???

It continued to foam up for a few more days but has since settled down.
I'm going to give it a strain again early this coming week, through a fine cloth, to get as much of the cornmeal out of it as I can. Then back in the carboy until mid-December, when it should be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment